Your online reference site for all your woodworking. This page contains links within this site, as well as external links to a lot of great resources.
We will continuously update this page with new resources, so make sure you bookmark it and check back regularly to see what’s new.
Industry groups, magazines, associations and courses:
Find a local woodworking group, join a club or read about other woodworkers.
Associations and Clubs
- The Australian Men’s Shed Association
- The New Zealand Men’s Shed Association
- Victorian Woodworkers Association
- NSW Woodworkers Association
- Melbourne Guild of Fine Woodworkers
Magazines and Trade Shows
- The Timber and Working with Wood show
- The Australian Woodworker Magazine
- The Australian Wood Review Magazine
- The Australian Woodsmith Magazine
Looking for inspiration?
Take a look at some of the websites of the I Wood Like partners. Fantastic timber products manufactured using products and tools you see on this site.
- The Sawdust Bureau
- Uneke Furniture
- Grampians Furniture (great workshop photos)
- DHD Furniture
- Bruce Esplin
Blogs and woodworking websites we like:
- Stu’s Shed A Melbourne based blogger featuring projects and workshop info.
- Jord’s Woodshop Based in Western Australia, Jordan has a weekly video series on youtube.
- The woodknight.com. An Australian based instructional video series covering lots of different woodworking topics
Combination Machine setup and use:
See how to get the most from your combination machine. Everything from ‘how to unpack your machine’ through to advanced machine operations are covered here
- MiniMax C26 Genius unpacking and assembly guide
- View a great introductory video on how to use the miniMax C26 Genius made by our friends at MiniMax USA.
Table saw setup and use:
Assembly, setup and instructional videos on your table saw.
- The FREE video training series on how to use a tablesaw. Everything from a basic introduction and safety tips, through to complex machining operations.
Bandsaw setup and use:
Under construction. In the meantime, take a look at this great video produced by SCM North America. Some of the specs are unique to their market, however it does give a great overview on the MiniMax heavy duty bandsaw range.