Should I buy a combination or stand alone woodworking machine?
Undecided whether you should have single purpose, dedicated machines or combination machines in your woodworking mancave?
Jord from Jordswoodshop.com went through something similar when he purchased his MiniMax FS30 Classic 300mm combination machine. Here he discusses the pro’s and con’s of both combinations and dedicated stand alone woodworking machines.
- The importance of a large thicknessing table
- Tersa vs Spiral cutterblocks
- The importance of machine capacity vs the size of your workshop
- Why the fence mounting system is important on a combination machine
- Price vs Value
- How long does a changeover from surfacer to thicknesser take (Spoiler alert – 42seconds!)
Can’t view the video? Click here for a text version.
We hope your enjoyed our video ‘Should i buy a combination or stand alone woodworking machine’.