How to straighten timber
In this video Jord from jordswoodshop.com takes you through the whole process of milling your timber to be square, flat, and parallel using a jointer and thickness planer.
It’s a little longer than our normal videos. however there is a heap of information included – relevant for both beginners and experienced woodworkers.
In the video, Jordan will show you:
- How to use your surfacer thicknesser safely
- How to determine grain direction
- Which direction should you be feeding your timber into your machine
- How to deal with cupped and bowed timber
- What does S4S means
- Types of guarding available on machines
- How to setup the minimax blade guard
- How to change from surfacer to thicknesser.
Can’t view the video? Click here for a text version.
Hope you enjoyed our ‘how to straighten timber’ video.